My blog has moved!

You should automatically be redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blogs.i2m.dk/allan
and update your bookmarks.

Friday 10 October 2008

Cycling

For the past week I've been cycling to and from work. That might not sound like a big deal to you, but it has certainly been a challenge for me. In the past it has been all to easy to jump into the car and head off for work. No more, I've decided. The distance to work is very do-able, 5.5 KM each way. It's better for me and it's better for the environment. The biggest problem so far has been the uphill route on my way back. Nevertheless, I've made great progress already. The first day was absolutely hell! When I got to work I could barely breathe and I had to spend several minutes in the bike shed to compose myself. On the third day I managed to cut off 5 minutes from the ride, and today I was only plagued by fatigue in my joints. I'm looking forward to seeing how I'll be feeling on Monday and if I can take another week.

No comments: