My blog has moved!

You should automatically be redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blogs.i2m.dk/allan
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday 6 May 2008

Yearly conference at the local Danish IT Society branch

Last week I went to the yearly conference for my local Danish IT Society branch. The topic of the conference was Enterprise Architecture. I was a bit unsure about attending as I was expecting some obscure high-level talks that has never seen the light of day. I was pleasantly surprised! All the speakers did a great job and managed to cover the various facets (from theory, to best practice, to practice) of Enterprise Architecture. What especially caught my attention was the excellent governance and organisational re-structuring implemented at NyKredit headed by their CIO (and president of Danish IT Society) Lars Mathiesen (You can read articles about Mathiesen on Computerworld.dk). From a vendor point-of-view the Vice President SOA Strategy, Ivo Totev of Software AG flew in from Germany. Last year I went for another meeting arranged by Danish IT Society with Scrum founder Jeff Sutherland. I wasn't too impressed as there was too much "going-around-the-bush" and not a clear business case for Scrum. Anyways, I didn't know what to expect from Ivo Totev's presesentation. However, I was very impressed with his presentation about the best practices of Enterprise Architecture coupled with anecdotes about what was working and not working with their clients. If you've got interest in Enterprise Architecture, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), and Business Process Management, I suggest visiting Software AG's customer community at http://communities.softwareag.com/ where you'll interesting resources such as podcasts, blogs, discussion groups and even a freely downloadable PDF version of the book "BPM Basics for Dummies".

No comments: